Flash-Bangs are used by special tactical units during hostage rescue and high-risk warrants. It is an ATF controlled Class-C explosive device that emits a bright light and thunderous noise to distract potentially dangerous individuals.
PHYSICAL & OPERATIONAL:
- Type: Noise Flash Diversion Device
- Material: Steel -Black Chromate
- Diameter: 2.0” (50.8 mm) Length5.85” (148.5mm)
- Weight: 665gm
- Blast Ports: 10 on top–10 on bottom
- Fuze Delay: 1.5 +/-0.3 sec.
- Average Sound Output: 165-175 dB Average @ at 5 ft
- Light Output: 2Million Candela Minimum
- Reloadable: Single Use Only
- Warranty: 5 Years from Shipment Date
WARNING: CSI manufactures a variety of CTS less lethal products which are under pressure, pyrotechnic, incendiary, emit projectiles, generate smoke, or are explosive in nature. When used in accordance with CTS training guidelines and the individual agency's policy, they are intended to cause varying degrees of pain and injury, which are temporary. These products are restricted to law enforcement, corrections, and military personnel and are used to gain compliance, disperse crowds, restore order, or temporarily incapacitate dangerous persons. In rare circumstances, if used incorrectly, CTS less-lethal products may cause damage to property, serious bodily injury or death. Therefore, any person using the force option depicted on this page should receive proper training to ensure the safest and most effective use.